Latest #practice Posts
- Generousity (Astheya): Giving Initiates the Law of Prosperity
When firmly anchored in generosity, all prosperity comes. Sutra ii.37
So many important notes in the chapter on Astheya from True Yoga -
1. To practice Astheya authentically, we need to monitor all the little self-serving motives that cross our mind and dictate our choices.
2. We can all give - it does not have to be monetary, we all have time, energy and skills that can benefit others
3. We live in an abundant universe - there is enough for everyone
3 minutes ago
- as i sit here writing this i can’t help but feel defeated. my home hasn’t felt like my home in over a week. i caught someone stealing from me + when confronted they got angry with me + yelled at me like i had done the wrong-doing. i saw a dog being abused so i freed it + took it home with me + the owner called the cops on me + text me “your dog died. get over it.” the owner is the man i am in love with. i call myself a #truthseeker because as painful, scary, + heartbreaking as pursuing truth can be i’d rather be true than live a lie. i’d rather do the right thing + be an example of that, even if it means that i suffer for it. it is not any easy job. people don’t want to see the truth; they get angry when you reflect their truth back to them. we all have 2 sides, light + dark. we all are more than happy to show the best sides of ourselves but we desperately want to hide the dark, ugly parts of ourselves. so much so that we’ll lash out if someone pulls the curtains back to shine light on that darkness. i have too done my share of stealing. i have abused others. i have hurt people. i have lied. i have broken people + things. i am not always a good person. i have made so many mistakes. i am not perfect. it’s an illusion to think we can be perfect or without a dark side. i strive for truth because it helps in the darkest of times. it helps to be reminded that u are not the experiences u endure or the emotions that surface because of them. u are not your belongings or your job or your bank account or the stories u or others tell about u. u are not your bad decisions or your failures or your losses. KNOWING THE TRUTH REMINDS YOU WHO THE FUCK U ARE. the TRUTH is: u are divine. u are a literal miracle made of stardust. u are the perfect balance of light + dark. u were designed in this perfection by God. u were meant to be just as u are. i want u to remember that, no matter what u’ve done or what is done to u. so, i beg u, keep seeking your own truth. as unpleasant as that journey is, learn to really see yourself so u can remember how fucking perfect, beautiful, wonderful + amazing u truly are. this has been a difficult year, i know. but you are still you. I LOVE U.
4 minutes ago
- Drake fans, this is for you 😏 This was such a fun commission from one of my close friends for her 1-year anniversary (can you tell her SO is a Drake fan?) 😋
This design just went up in my Etsy shop, and will be customizable for birthdays, anniversaries, and other holidays! 👏🏼 check link in bio for this card and other great personalized holiday gifts 💕
4 minutes ago
- Do you have a pupper? What's their name and what is their fav toy? 🙆♀️
I don't often draw Frida, because I find dogs extremely challenging (I have drawn Patch many more times than Frida 😱) 🤷♀️😅💜 But today I decided to give it a go 🤣 🌿
Here she is, with her fav hippo toy, her fav activity (sleeping in her bed), her tendency to belly crawl to get attention (we think her previous owners must've taught her this?), and her love for rolling in tall grass 😊🐶 She also loves smelling Patch's butt 🐱, but I ran out of space 🤣 Or is that a thing that should have its own post? 🤔🤣💜
(Image description: An illustration of a cartoon version of our brown dog Frida. Top left is her fav hippo soft toy, top right shows her belly crawling, middle right is her bed with cozy blanket, bottom right is Frida happily rolling in tall green grass, bottom left is Frida's name written in crude font, and immediately above the text is one of Frida standing alert, her iconic worried expression on her face, which is her face 99% of the time).
#dogsofinstagram #chibi #kawaii #doggo #illustration #adobeillustrator #illustrator #smile #tgif #rescue #adoptdontshop #shepherd #staffy #toocute #dogmom #pupper #puppylove #happy #family #art #practice #wip #profile #cutedog #love
5 minutes ago
- @christiecreative 😍
#Savasana might look like a nap at the end of your yoga practice. But it’s actually a fully conscious pose aimed at being awake, yet completely #relaxed . In Savasana—also known as #corpsepose — you lie down on your back and #relax your #body and #mind so you may fully assimilate the benefits of your #asana #practice .
During this pose, you close your eyes, breathe naturally, and practice eliminating tension from the body. Ideally, this posture lasts for 10 to 20 minutes. However, even a few minutes of Savasana is said to have powerful benefits.
Savasana helps relieve mild depression, high blood pressure, headaches, fatigue, and insomnia
#doyouyoga #yogisofig #yogalover #yogatherapy #yogalife #yogatime #yogapose #igart #iginspiration
5 minutes ago
If only this were a thing!😭Unfortunately, we can’t “unsubscribe” from our unhelpful thoughts. It takes practice and intention to shift our mindset. We can do things that help like:
💛Write and repeat positive affirmations- “I do the best I can.”
💛Make a little more room for gratitude where you can- “Thankfully, I was able to get through that today.”
💛Take a breath & a break- cue weekend.
Thankfully Fridays are a thing😉 Unsubscribe from any negative funk from the week and have a good weekend everyone!✨ #friday #weekend #takeabreath #takeabreak #gratitude #positiveaffirmations #positivethinking #practice #intention #mindset
Repost @skybanyes ⭐️
5 minutes ago
- I love to play. ✨⠀
There is nothing that lights my soul on fire more than having a little bit (maybe a lot) of fun and a darn good laugh.⠀
When I first started practicing almost 7 years ago I was so by the book, so serious, so extremely dedicated and so self involved.⠀
(If you knew me at 18 you get what I mean 💁🏻♀️.)⠀
Nothing was going to cause me to lose my balance and I wanted to nail each and every pose. Because that was what yoga was to me.⠀
Welp, then the Universe said “chill out” and I hurt myself trying a little too hard and it taught me that the true magic happens when we give ourselves a break.⠀
The loss of balance, the little wiggles, the “whoops” moments are now so welcome.⠀
I also find that during my practice these AH HA moments appear during the transitions from one posture to the next.⠀
That’s where the messiness and movement is.⠀
And I know now it is okay if you fall out of a pose and it’s even better to do it with a smile on.⠀
So take a moment for yourself today, have a little fun, play around, dance, laugh, cuddle your dog, take those moments that make you feel ALIVE and embrace them. They’re worth it. 💖
6 minutes ago