Latest #flyingpigeon Posts
- Whew...I tried my hardest to complete day 5 of #12birdsofyoga but just couldn’t do it with my tight hips. The asana was supposed to be #flyingpigeon I did a lot of prep and was getting frustrated but remembered @hotyogabythesea telling her yogis how it took her years to get into some postures. Embracing the process and instead enjoyed lots of pigeon (on the ground) haha. Sharing my “attempts” in my stories. 🧘🏼♀️💕 @raniflybikini @sarahyoyoga @hellomd_com @staywildish @freskincare
3 hours ago
- I was going to go to a yoga class today, but I didn't.
I have a bunch of work to finish and my kids are gone all day with Nana and Papa.
Nathan is super sick.
The class is 15 minutes away. And 75 minutes long. That's nearly 2 whole hours I'd be gone AND I'd get back ravenously hungry with no food ready to eat.
I don't know the teacher.
I don't really love hot yoga.
And those are just the big reasons.
Have you ever made those excuses or similar ones when it comes to going to an actual yoga class?
I don't want to drive and deal with traffic or parking.
I don't want to spend the money.
I don't want to have to talk to anyone or be social. I just want to do my yoga.
I don't want to feel pressured to poses I don't like.
Any you'd add?
I love yoga, but I had a ton of excuses why I didn't go today.
I taught one of my online yoga classes for the Collective -- 30 minutes of hips and funky balancing -- which was super fun.
And then, because the class basically prepared for this one big arm balance that we didn't have time for in 30-minutes, I did it anyway afterwards, instead of going to class.
It all worked out, but here's the thing:
It doesn't for everyone. I happened to do the class I taught and then took 5 extra minutes after the class was over just for me.
More often than not, all of those excuses prevent you from actually doing the yoga, which makes you feel AMAZING pretty much every time you do it.
So why the excuses?
I want to help you ditch the excuses and make getting on your yoga mat more accessible, more affordable, and more available.
Today is the absolute final day you can join the Collective or Collective LITE.
Being a part of one of my 2 online yoga studios would take away about 95% of your yoga excuses.
That last 5% is on you to turn on your computer, pick a class, and go.
Do you want more accessible yoga with no excuses?
Cart closes tonight and I won't be accepting new members for awhile.
Don't miss out!
Link in my profile to get in on the action!
9 hours ago
- Playing between classes ☺️🙏🏻
13 hours ago
- #flyingpigeon #urbanbike #roadster Finished the project bike. Added a front brake and re-built the rear wheel with a coaster brake hub. Will donate to @bikecoopnyc, so if you want take a flight with this bird drop by.
15 December, 2018
- Day 5 #chooseyourresolution arm balance! My faaaavourite bakasana crow pose. 💝💞💖 First off I am sooooo proud how much this pose improved in 2018 after years of struggling to even get my knees on my arms, lift one feet off, then two and now not only screenshotting that nano-sec hold but actually being able to hold it for a bit! (See vid to the right). And then @apoorvaa.says.hi posted this 3rd picture today which fits perfectly! (Crow in the morning, pizza in the evening, my day in a nutshell) 😄
Aside from the praise and gratitude, I am really excited to improve further, get my feet to my bum, straighten the arms, lift more from the core. And excited to learn #flyingpigeon , which is my next arm balance goal! 💪
Can I just say I am really happy to participate in this challenge, it's a great mental challenge and approach than just copying poses!
#chooseyourresolution #yogachallenge #resolutions #intentionsetting #igyogachallenge #decemberyogachallenge #yogaeveryday #yoga
15 December, 2018
- This week in class we tackled the subject of what confuses us, the things we need to clarify as we head into a new year. How long have you had questions about your physical asana practice and repeatedly flow amidst confusion instead of just asking? You know, like WHAT IN THE WORLD IS A PSOAS? Why be ok with living in the murky waters of confusion when you can have clear eyes and an even clearer heart? Ask the questions you have been too afraid to tackle. Through the clarity you find, you just may live your way into the answer. #damngoodyoga #montauk #ekapadagalavasana #flyingpigeon #lululemonambassador #showgirlyogi 📷 @brakethrough_media
15 December, 2018