Latest #Nikonambassador Posts
- Brrr Temps dropping and hear lots of Manatees in the springs. Let’s go!
1 hour ago
- There are few places to shoot that are more picturesque than Anchorage. ✈️ 🏔🏔✈️
4 hours ago
- There's one place that always rejuvenates the soul, and that's Bosque del Apache. The birds, cold air, the silence broken by their calls, the skies filled with their flights and so much more bring life and awe to all that witness it. I'm down at Bosque with my dear friends for a few days of R&R. I'm shooting with the @NikonUSA #nikonZ6 with #nikkor500PF and having a great time not carrying all that weight around. While I'm still getting used to the EVF for action, as you can see it does an excellent job. I'm shooting in Auto-Area AF and Continuous-High Extended. The other thing I'm having to get used to is not using my ears to determine how much I'm shooting. I came back from the morning shoot think I'd not shot much to find I have over 1500 images! Thank goodness, I like them or I'd be really bummed. @BHPhotoVideo #nikonambassador #nikonnofilter #nikonlove #mirrorlessreinvented
7 hours ago
- Waterfall Tuesday right? Damn I keep messing that one up. Lower Myra falls. Strathcona provincial park. Mother Nature just killing it.
8 hours ago
- California dreaming 🏝
50mm • 1/250 • f/8.0 • ISO100
9 hours ago
- Getting ready to present for day two of my 21st Century Composition Theory workshop! This meal is a tradition #nikonambassador #nikonz7 #b &h
10 hours ago
- We are honored to work with good people like Joe, and humbled to be involved. Thank you
The long hallways of memory. In 1930, Margaret Sellers, aged 16 months, came to the United States on a steamship out of Scotland, and landed at Ellis Island, shown here. She is holding her original Immigrant Identification Card, issued to her on the island. Ninety now, she has kept it all these years. Many thanks to the @saveellisisland organization for arranging a trip to Ellis for Margaret. A wonderful and feisty lady, she was a joy and an honor to photograph. The hallway depicted here is in the old hospital wing out on Ellis, which the Save Ellis Foundation strives mightily to preserve. It is an important task, as there is so much history to seen, and felt, out there on that Island of Hope. #AmericanPortraits series, shot on the Nikon #Z7 . #TransformationTuesday #TuesdayThoughts #portraitoftheday #ellisisland
#TopicTuesday #TipTuesday @saveellisisland #history #immigrants #nj #NikonAmbassador @NikonUSA #NikonNoFilter #Z7 f/3.2 at 1/1250 FP high-speed sync, ISO 200. Photo tip here is of course to use hi speed sync and flash through the windows to illuminate Margaret and blend her with the environment of the hallway.
13 hours ago
- SUNDOWNER. This male lion gives the word a bit of a new meaning... shot in Marataba private reserve in South Africa, on a boat moving in the same speed as the lion was walking. When you shoot pictures with a long lens straight under the setting sun, everything goes yellow’ orange as the sun’s rays hit straight into the lens, diffractioning in all the different lens elements. Useless or beautiful? Up to the beholder. Can you see the lion? A Capture Earth event and workshop, well organised by @jonathanchritchley. The lion organised itself, and thanks @ryanbatesphoto for the boatdriving at the same speed as the lion walked. And still not spilling out my G&T...!
Photo by @staffanwidstrand
Nikon D5, Nikkor 800mm/4 EFLED
#nikon #d5 #800mm #bbcearth #catloversclub #nikonambassador #lionking #lion #catsofinstagram #cats #instacat #orange #sundowner #southafrica #marataba #safari
14 hours ago
- The Fan Girl” ... #NikonZ7 , ISO1000, 1/125 at f1.8 S lens, WB Sepia using in-camera Picture Control with M1.0 Magenta ... Lit using modeling lamps.
As mentioned in yesterday’s IG post the invitation for me to give a Z7 Presentation to 100 of Nikon engineers in Tokyo was the perfect way to close-out my 2018 calendar.
I pulled a variety of images for the Presentation that would showcase not only what the Z7 camera will do to move my imagery forward, but I would also (at Nikon’s request) bring to light possible improvements and additions photographers would like to see in the next “Z” camera.
Images of SPORTS, Macro, High Speed Sync Speedlights, Landscapes and Lightpaintings that had been made over the past 8 weeks were included.
Then I noticed that I had not made a portrait session using the Z NIKKOR 50mm f1.8 S lens.
So I called my favorite Wedding, Family, and Portrait photographer ... A local talent whose work is wonderfully fresh. She is also my daughter and the joy of my heart: @haleyhendricksonphotography
I was leaving for Tokyo in 3 days...surely Haley will know someone who would pose for a Z 50mm f1.8 portrait... and she did.
Meet Kalia, a friend of Haley’s who is of Japanese descent and models with vintage 1940’s wardrobe.
I absolutely love this picture! ... And so did Nikon! Simply done using two Modeling Lamps in Cross-Light configuration: Key lamp with a 10 degree Grid, and a second lamp with Strip Box and Grid to faintly fill the other side of her face.
I hand held the Z7 using the in-camera Vibration Reduction (awesome!) and used Pinpoint AF which allowed me to precisely focus on the far edge of her lower lip. I set the in-camera Picture Control on Sepia (stunning) and added M1.0 Magenta.
The Z lens Bokeh is Fantastic! I was blown away by how beautifully the aesthetic quality of the blur produced in the out-of-focus areas rendered, looking almost like a f1.4 lens.
Ah yes, #mirrorlessreinvented
@nikonusa @nikonambassadors #nikonnofilter #nikonambassador #camerareview #newnikoncamera #mirrorlesscamera #portraitphotography #closeup #redlips #fangirll #offcameralighting
14 hours ago